× Please submit new Bug Reports on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

Strange issue with Joomla Categories

8 years 6 months ago #1053 by Bitstorm Web
Strange issue with Joomla Categories was created by Bitstorm Web
I have an employment component I am building and I have two joomla category fields... ( Job Type and Job Category ) ..  In the menus it shows up fine, see below ... but in the list view ( see below again ) and form view... it duplicates the categories... and indeed if I add an item to one of the categories, it shows up in both.. so this is preventing me from completing a project I have a tight deadline on .. anyone know what is going on? they are both set with unique names in the component creator so I can't imagine why it would be doing this..  I can start to investigate in the code, but I think this is a glitch .. 

Menus: 
i.imgur.com/Nw7e1rJ.jpg

List:
i.imgur.com/LeLAPIE.jpg
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #1054 by Bitstorm Web
Replied by Bitstorm Web on topic Strange issue with Joomla Categories
I worked around this by just making "Job Types" another table and using the foreign key option, it would be nice if categories worked.. or if not possible, have the component creator only allow one per table.

8 years 6 months ago #1060 by Bitstorm Web
Replied by Bitstorm Web on topic Strange issue with Joomla Categories
I know, and I did submit a message / ticket .. I just went with the forum as well in hopes that one might be quicker than the other when I was in a crunch.

Time to create page: 4.309 seconds