× Please submit new Bug Reports on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

Error 404 on Component Install

9 años 4 meses antes #544 por Adam Clark
Error 404 on Component Install Publicado por Adam Clark
Hiya...

I have used CC for a while and am pretty skilled. However, I have a basic, day1 problem.

I have BUILT my component (just 2 tables. Nothing fancy at all)... and installed it to my Joomla site (as I have many times before with previous components)

And my Joomla site is not showing the NAME of the component properly in the menu plus, when I do select the component from the components menu, I get an ERROR 404 "Component Not Found"

When I installed, I got the following WARNING:

Warning
JInstaller: :Install: File does not exist /home/connect/public_html/tmp/install_549a9cf35983d/languages/site/en-GB/en-GB.com_joocom_bookingsystem.ini
JInstaller: :Install: File does not exist /home/connect/public_html/tmp/install_549a9cf35983d/languages/administrator/en-GB/en-GB.com_joocom_bookingsystem.ini

But Joomla then goes in to say... 

Plugin joobookingsystem was installed successfully
Module mod_joobookingsystem was installed successfully
Installing component was successful.

I don't think this is a Component Creator bug/issue. I think this is something to do with my Joomla install or server.

Has anyone had anything similar to this at all?? I attach the component. I am happy for others to install and see if it works for them (I promise it is just a simple CC component... no nasty stuff)

In hope and many thanks. 

Adam

Este mensaje tiene un archivo adjunto.
Por favor iniciar sesión o registrarse para verlo.

Por favor, Identificarse o Crear cuenta para unirse a la conversación.

9 años 4 meses antes #545 por Adam Clark
Respuesta de Adam Clark sobre el tema Error 404 on Component Install
Quick Update:

I have tried installing the component on different hosting and different joomla sites that we have managed past and present and I am getting the same issue. 

Starting to worry that this is a CC issue??

Hope someone can help !

9 años 4 meses antes #546 por Adam Clark
OK... so... It seems that the component that is called "com_joocom_bookingsystem"

is looking for files with "com_joocom_bookingsystem" in the name... and folder structures such as "components/com_joocom_bookingsystem/"

BUT............... 

The main controller class is called:  "JoobookingsystemController"
The XML is looking for: <language tag="en-GB">en-GB/en-GB.com_joocom_bookingsystem.ini</language> BUT the file is actually called "en-GB.com_joobookingsystem.ini"

It seems that there is a mismatch somewhere???

I will try renaming things and see what happens.

9 años 4 meses antes #547 por Adam Clark
RESOLVED

So, I went back into Component Creator and renamed the component.

Re-built.

Checked XML and file names and Controller class : All consistent,.

Installed... OK... no errors or warnings

All working fine. 

Hope this helps some people.

Tiempo de carga de la página: 0.142 segundos
Gracias a Foro Kunena

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros para mejorar nuestros servicios y mostrarle publicidad relacionada con sus preferencias mediante el análisis de sus hábitos de navegación. Si continua navegando, consideramos que acepta su uso.