× Please submit new Bug Reports on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

Change default behavior for form fields

9 años 6 meses antes #478 por Nancy Anderson
Change default behavior for form fields Publicado por Nancy Anderson
Hi,
  I inherited a component and a few of the table filed names appear to be joomla reserved words. 

For example, there is an address table that has a field named 'state'. Joomla is interpreting that as the published/unpublished field. So here's the question, 

1. Can I mark the field in the component creator in some way to  stop that from happening automatically in the code? 

2. Where would I need to change the code for the admin edit forms to stop the default rendering of this field as a drop down.
(I found where to do that in the lists, but it isn't as obvious in the edit screen.)

thanks,
nancy

Por favor, Identificarse o Crear cuenta para unirse a la conversación.

9 años 5 meses antes #516 por Erik van Doorne
Respuesta de Erik van Doorne sobre el tema Change default behavior for form fields
Hi Nancy, I pointed out this is happening in other situations and with other reserved words as well. The form should validate for/against reserved words and not allow you to use them as field names.

Have you tried simply renaming the field name ?

Regards,

Erik

9 años 5 meses antes #519 por Nancy Anderson
Respuesta de Nancy Anderson sobre el tema Change default behavior for form fields
Hi,
  Thanks.

Just for clarity the component was already built, I was trying to use Component Creator to build a admin back end for it.  Changing the field name would impact a moblie app that is already in use, so that is not an option, darn it. Obviously, for new compuents this isn't a problem. I ended up using Fabrik. It's definitely not CC, but for this use it worked okay.

thanks again,
nancy

Tiempo de carga de la página: 0.174 segundos
Gracias a Foro Kunena

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros para mejorar nuestros servicios y mostrarle publicidad relacionada con sus preferencias mediante el análisis de sus hábitos de navegación. Si continua navegando, consideramos que acepta su uso.