× Please submit new Bug Reports on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

Designating a Primary Key

8 Jahre 9 Monate her #913 von Robert Garza
Designating a Primary Key wurde erstellt von Robert Garza
I have imported a SQL Script into Component Creator but how do I know that the fields I created to be primary keys are actually primary keys.

Or...how do I designate a primary key in an imported table?

Am I stuck using "id" as the only field name for a primary key?

Thanks

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

8 Jahre 9 Monate her #919 von Walt Sorensen
Walt Sorensen antwortete auf Designating a Primary Key
Generally speaking when working with Joomla components you will want to use `id` as your table's unique primary key field.
Without getting into a lot of explanation as to why, or identifying exceptions to this rule of thumb; I would say that you will likely save yourself from a lot of headaches by sticking with this general convention. 
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Andres Maeso, Robert Garza

8 Jahre 9 Monate her #920 von Robert Garza
Robert Garza antwortete auf Designating a Primary Key
Thanks!!  Also, just wondering....

Are there any other preferred names for other fields/columns - created_by, active, checked_out_by, ..etc...

8 Jahre 9 Monate her #922 von Walt Sorensen
Walt Sorensen antwortete auf Designating a Primary Key
Yes there are "reserved" field names for the table

There is some information in the JTable tutorial docs.joomla.org/Using_the_JTable_class
(The tutorial does need some technical review, but will give you some good general direction)

There is also a way to specify custom names for fields documented in the API api.joomla.org/cms-3/classes/JTable.html
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Andres Maeso, Robert Garza

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.910 Sekunden