3.5 compatibility & New Features
Joomla 3.5 Compatibility
Continuing our tradition of keeping pace with Joomla updates, Component Creator is fully updated and compatible with the new Joomla 3.5 release. Every component built from now on will work on a Joomla 3.5 website, even if it uses PHP 7.
Fields with unique value
Now you can mark a field as "unique". If a field is marked as "unique" it won't be possible to store duplicate values for that field in that specific table.
- All unique fields will also be "required" fields
- From now on, all alias fields are unique (as they should be!)
Typically, this field is used to restrict the registrations of a website to one per e-mail.
"Show on" field
This new feature offers the ability to add fields that will only be visible if other fields have certain value(s). This is how it will look in your back-end:
Setting up a "show on" field is easy:
- Check the "show depending on another field" checkbox in your field configuration
- Select the other field that will work as a condition
- Add the conditional values that will make the field show up in a form view (please note that multiple conditional values should be separated with commas).
Enjoy using the new features, and remember, you can always request new features in our forum.