Issue with J3.7b3 testing my component

7 jaren 1 maand geleden - 7 jaren 1 maand geleden #1518 door Ruud van Lent
Issue with J3.7b3 testing my component werd gestart door Ruud van Lent
Hi, just a heads-up.
ran into an issue with my component under Joomla 3.7 (beta3).

the issue is as follows:
component-creator generates two helper files for the component: one in the administrator/helpers and one in site/helpers.
Problem is that bot helpers have the same class name eg: class MycomponentHelpersMycomponent

Now where does this go wrong:
It turns out that the new fields functionality (plg_system_fields) autoloads the helper classes and crashes my site with a Cannot redeclare class MycomponentHelpersMycomponent
e.g. when calling contenplugins in the component.

This is not correct. Two classes should never have the same class name :)

hope this helps :)
Laatst bewerkt 7 jaren 1 maand geleden door Ruud van Lent.

Gelieve Inloggen of een account aanmaken om deel te nemen aan het gesprek.

7 jaren 1 maand geleden #1521 door Andres Maeso
Beantwoord door Andres Maeso in topic Issue with J3.7b3 testing my component
Hi Rud!

Thank you very much for the heads-up! We really appreciate feedback like yours. This issue will be sorted out before the next version is released.

Regards,

Andrés.

Andrés Maeso
Customer relations manager at Joomla Component Creator.

Dit e-mailadres wordt beveiligd tegen spambots. JavaScript dient ingeschakeld te zijn om het te bekijken.

7 jaren 3 weken geleden #1524 door Andres Maeso
Beantwoord door Andres Maeso in topic Issue with J3.7b3 testing my component
Hi Ruud

Just to follow up on this matter. We have fixed the bug and it will be uploaded as soon as version 3.7 is released.

Regards,

Andrés.

Andrés Maeso
Customer relations manager at Joomla Component Creator.

Dit e-mailadres wordt beveiligd tegen spambots. JavaScript dient ingeschakeld te zijn om het te bekijken.
De volgende gebruiker (s) zei dank u: Ruud van Lent

6 jaren 10 maanden geleden #1550 door Peter Skarsjo
Beantwoord door Peter Skarsjo in topic Issue with J3.7b3 testing my component
Could you explain *how* you have fixed it, please? I am way beyond regenerating my component with CC and I will have to carry out the fix myself.
I have already tried a simple rename of the helper class in site. This only results in the class not being found, and the component crashes.

6 jaren 10 maanden geleden #1551 door arnoud van der Reest
Beantwoord door arnoud van der Reest in topic Issue with J3.7b3 testing my component
I am also way beyond regenerating my component. Please explain how I can Fix this myself.

6 jaren 10 maanden geleden #1557 door Peter Skarsjo
Beantwoord door Peter Skarsjo in topic Issue with J3.7b3 testing my component
The more I think about this issue, the worse I think it is. I guess it affects *all* your users, i.e. you are in a situation where *all* your users, at least most of them, have crashing components as soon as they upgrade to Joomla 3.7.

I would suggest you issue a warning, by email, to all your users *not* to update their Joomla installation until they have fixed this issue. I also suggest you publish instructions how to fix already generated components. Fixing your own engine is *not* enough.

Those affected by this may find this tip useful. I use a workaround to save the front side at the expense of loosing the admin side. I have renamed the component_name.php in the administrators/helpers directory. This crashes the admin component, but allows the front side to work. If you can manage temporarily without admin service for your component it may help you until CC publish a real fix.

Tijd voor maken pagina: 0.174 seconden
Gemaakt door Kunena

We use cookies so that you can place orders and we can provide a better service. You can control the use of cookies at the individual browser level. If you reject cookies, you may still use our website, but your ability to use some features or areas of our website may be limited.