× This forum has been locked. Please submit new Feature Requests on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

Rename or append filename on file upload.

7 jaren 11 maanden geleden #1294 door Luc Ongena
Rename or append filename on file upload. werd gestart door Luc Ongena
When i use the file input field for image upload, i wish that i could rename and/or append the uploaded file name.

For picture upload, i like to add the upload date as a prefix to the filename, and the username of the logged-in user as a suffix to the filename.

Also automatic generation of the upload directory name could be of great help for me use-case. e.g. use every month a different subdir /images/201604/ /images/201605/ ....

Thanks

Gelieve Inloggen of een account aanmaken om deel te nemen aan het gesprek.

7 jaren 5 dagen geleden #1529 door Pom d'amour
Beantwoord door Pom d'amour in topic Rename or append filename on file upload.
Hi,

Did you find the solution?

This forum doesn't seem very active.

7 jaren 5 dagen geleden #1530 door Luc Ongena
Beantwoord door Luc Ongena in topic Rename or append filename on file upload.
No, there was never a reaction.
I switched to a commercial component (mediamanager from the docman suite)

www.joomlatools.com/extensions/docman/

the media manger is a very good document manager system, it can't rename out of the box, but for the rename, the support team provided a small plugin script that allows to rename files on upload.

Tijd voor maken pagina: 0.201 seconden
Gemaakt door Kunena

We use cookies so that you can place orders and we can provide a better service. You can control the use of cookies at the individual browser level. If you reject cookies, you may still use our website, but your ability to use some features or areas of our website may be limited.