× Please submit new Bug Reports on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

Easiest way to get email notification on front end submission

3 jaren 5 maanden geleden #9797 door Jason L
I have created a component using component creator where registered users can submit items, before those items can be displayed I need to have a admin approve these in the backend. All of this functionality is working great.

As we can go weeks without a submission, I would like to be able to email an alert to approver when and item has been submitted and or an items is awaiting approval.

I thought about doing this through cron but would like to have something built into Joomla either via plugin or a modification to the component that was created.

Thoughts I can do basic hacking / code modification of a samples

Gelieve Inloggen of een account aanmaken om deel te nemen aan het gesprek.

3 jaren 5 maanden geleden #9798 door Travis
If it were me, I would edit /components/com_[componentname]/controllers/[viewname]form.php

Find the save function, right before the redirect, and add:
$mail = Factory::getMailer();
$config = Factory::getConfig();
$sender = [$config->get('mailfrom'), $config->get('fromname')];
$mail->setSender($sender);
//Can also do something to get admins or email from param if you don't want to hardcode this.
$mailer->addRecipient('johndoe@example.com');
$body = '<h1>Success!</h1> This is the body of your message. You can do things here.';
$mail->setBody($body);
$mail->isHtml(true);

$mail->Send();

Gelieve Inloggen of een account aanmaken om deel te nemen aan het gesprek.

Tijd voor maken pagina: 0.190 seconden
Gemaakt door Kunena

We use cookies so that you can place orders and we can provide a better service. You can control the use of cookies at the individual browser level. If you reject cookies, you may still use our website, but your ability to use some features or areas of our website may be limited.