× Please submit new Bug Reports on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

Component evolution

3 jaren 11 maanden geleden #9700 door Pascal GOUBIER
Component evolution werd gestart door Pascal GOUBIER
Hi,
I've created a component an transfered it in my Joomla! website with succes.

After that, I've compled languages translations and many others adaptations of views, forms... directly in the component.

How can I install new tables and empty views in this same compoent or config parameters withoud destroying all that I have modified in my component code ?

Thanks

Gelieve Inloggen of een account aanmaken om deel te nemen aan het gesprek.

3 jaren 11 maanden geleden #9701 door Carl Fuentes
Beantwoord door Carl Fuentes in topic Component evolution
Apart from language files, the rest you have to manually backup and update again.

3 jaren 11 maanden geleden #9702 door Pascal GOUBIER
Beantwoord door Pascal GOUBIER in topic Component evolution
language files seem to be overwritten too ?

3 jaren 11 maanden geleden #9703 door Søren Beck Jensen
Beantwoord door Søren Beck Jensen in topic Component evolution
Indeed they are. I think what Carl meant to say is that you can use the Joomla language override to store your language strings then they will not be reset on install.

To cover the code, some users are using git to handle the changes. Stashing them, updating and re-applying. If you are good with git that can be a method.

Søren Beck Jensen
Founder, Component-Creator.com

3 jaren 11 maanden geleden #9704 door Pascal GOUBIER
Beantwoord door Pascal GOUBIER in topic Component evolution
yes indeed but it does not work if we have made modifications to existing files or added new components.

That militates to create the totality of all the needs with Component Creator ... and only then to begin to modify the code!

And also perhaps decompose application into separate modules so as not to have this concern.

Regards

3 jaren 11 maanden geleden #9705 door Søren Beck Jensen
Beantwoord door Søren Beck Jensen in topic Component evolution
Another approach is to manually only copy in the new files or modified files from our zip file instead of installing it.

Søren Beck Jensen
Founder, Component-Creator.com

Tijd voor maken pagina: 0.195 seconden
Gemaakt door Kunena

We use cookies so that you can place orders and we can provide a better service. You can control the use of cookies at the individual browser level. If you reject cookies, you may still use our website, but your ability to use some features or areas of our website may be limited.