× This forum has been locked. Please submit new Feature Requests on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

Import "external" or 3rd party tables

8 years 4 months ago #1102 by Walt Sorensen
Import "external" or 3rd party tables was created by Walt Sorensen
Just like there are "core Joomla tables" that would be useful to connect to, it would be nice to have a way to import 3rd party tables to create a list for the sole purpose of using the tables and fields as Foreign Keys. It would be much better than the current work around I'm using of importing tables, linking to the fields, then having to remove the tables from the build SQL, and making a few other tweaks.

Sometimes connecting to existing data, that is not actually part of your component, is as important as a self contained data that is unique to the component.

(branched off my comment from this post www.component-creator.com/en/forum/featu...-existing-components )
The following user(s) said Thank You: RIP Graphics

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #1288 by Andres Maeso
Replied by Andres Maeso on topic Import "external" or 3rd party tables
Hi Walt

This is something we've been asked for before. I can't see an easy way of doing it though as we don't know which tables are in your database.

Regards

Andrés Maeso
Customer relations manager at Joomla Component Creator.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

7 years 11 months ago #1289 by Walt Sorensen
Replied by Walt Sorensen on topic Import "external" or 3rd party tables
I see it as something where you could use the SQL import for the specific tables you are looking at integrating with, and then "flag" the table as an external source.

I think that would be the simplest way to make it happen.

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds