× This forum has been locked. Please submit new Feature Requests on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

Hits Field

8 years 5 months ago #1056 by Juanjo vazquez real
Hits Field was created by Juanjo vazquez real
I would like to have the possibility to create a hits field.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #1058 by Andres Maeso
Replied by Andres Maeso on topic Hits Field
Hi Juanjo! 

Let's see if this has other interested users and we will consider it. 

By the way, hits counter also uses to count spiders, crawlers, bots and all sorts of spam traffic. It's not really a reliable number.

Regards,

Andrés.

Andrés Maeso
Customer relations manager at Joomla Component Creator.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

8 years 5 months ago #1059 by Juanjo vazquez real
Replied by Juanjo vazquez real on topic Hits Field
and recommend?

gracias

8 years 4 months ago #1090 by Walt Sorensen
Replied by Walt Sorensen on topic Hits Field
"hits" is a reserved field in Joomla that doesn't take much to add. I believe you just need the "hits" field in the database and everything else is automatic since it's a "reserved database name".  You can read more on the joomla JTable instruction page docs.joomla.org/Using_the_JTable_class and the JTable API page api.joomla.org/cms-3/classes/JTable.html

(note: I rewrote the JTable instruction page for J3+ from the information I was able to piece together. It's mostly accurate but I don't think anyone with significant Joomla programming experience has reviewed the information.)

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds