× This forum has been locked. Please submit new Feature Requests on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

custom joomla form FIELDS

9 years 2 months ago #654 by Søren Beck Jensen
Replied by Søren Beck Jensen on topic Vote your Favourite Feature Suggestions!
Hi Pete,

Thanks for clarifying. I think we could simply create for instance 8 key value fields that would allow you to enter your own pairs. Such as 
  • Key: name  Value: backgroundcolor
  • Key: type Value: color

Then we can guarantee that the XML we generate is correct and it should give enough flexibility.

Let me know what you think.

Søren Beck Jensen
Founder, Component-Creator.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #655 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic Vote your Favourite Feature Suggestions!
Hi Søren,

Yes - this may be a slightly safer option :)

Although it would maybe be more flexible to make mandatory Fixed key pair fields for the generic essential values (name, type etc) and then some optional 'repeatable' parameters (where you can keep "add" ing them - like the SELECT LIST option values..

However, this system will not allow us to force in things like "repeat fields", but having said that, repeat fields are unique, and should be fairly simple to add? Its basically just a field 'group' placeholder..

Which adds the following to the top of the group:

<field name="list_templates"
type="Repeatable"
icon="list"
description="PLG_TINY_FIELD_TEMPLATE_FIELD_ELEMENTS_DESC"
label="PLG_TINY_FIELD_TEMPLATE_FIELD_ELEMENTS_LABEL"
default="{'template':,'location':,'description':}">
<fields name="params">
<fieldset hidden="true" name="list_templates_modal" repeat="true">

*Your normal generated fields (including custom ones) here*

And then

</fieldset>
</fields>
</field>

To close of the repeat bit :)

If you add both Custom AND repeatable then I think you have all my requirements covered - I do need both for my current project but custom is more important at this point !!

Thanks for the responding so enthusiastically.. and let me know if any of this is unclear - I have been staying up too late recently watching too much Breaking Bad to communicate well at the moment lol !

Cheers,
Pete
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Pete.

9 years 2 months ago #662 by Pete
Hi Folks, any news as to whether this *may* be implemented in the near future ? If not I am going to have to try the XML override plugin system, which is a little less simple :)

Thank,
Pete

9 years 2 months ago #663 by Søren Beck Jensen
Replied by Søren Beck Jensen on topic Vote your Favourite Feature Suggestions!
Hi Pete. This will definitely be implemented in one form or another, but I don't think we will be able to do so for at least a month and probably more like 2-3 months. 

Sorry

Søren Beck Jensen
Founder, Component-Creator.com

9 years 2 months ago #664 by Pete
Hi Søren,

Thanks for letting me know - my 3 month subscription (and project) will be expired then :) But its worth having for future projects..

Cheers,
Pete

8 years 8 months ago #957 by Pete
Well - that was 6 months ago! I am voting for this in the Poll. It takes component creator to a much more serious level.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds