× Please submit new Bug Reports on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

Language association

2 years 11 months ago #9873 by Ruben MC
Language association was created by Ruben MC
Hello everyone,
I has been a few years since my initial registration here, just a few days ago I started to use this tool, it works very well, very impressive.

There is one thing I can't seems to figure it out, I'm planning to build a multilingual website, I have menus, categories and content all setup for this purpose, the component I'm trying to build needs to work like a regular Joomla content, what I'm missing is the language association.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to make this happen, please.

Thank you :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #9874 by Emmanuel Tsalampounis
Replied by Emmanuel Tsalampounis on topic Language association
Hello Ruben,
You have to add language field to store the language that each item is associated as you do for default joomla content.
If you face any problem please give us specific details for your case to test it.

2 years 11 months ago #9876 by Ruben MC
Replied by Ruben MC on topic Language association
I already have that, I think I have to do a front end view, and for that view how can I tell it to only show items related to the selected language...
Can a view have multiple parameter?
say you want a view to show item that have certain parameter or column value, I haven't done that with the builder, just a basic component, haven't seen how views work, I'm gonna try.

Thanks!

2 years 11 months ago #9878 by Emmanuel Tsalampounis
Replied by Emmanuel Tsalampounis on topic Language association
Hello Ruben,
To view different items by a parameter seem that needs some change to the "where" part of your query in the model to check this parameter.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds