× Please submit new Bug Reports on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

Front end form ACL

3 years 4 months ago #9808 by Jason Cooper
Front end form ACL was created by Jason Cooper
Hi Everyone

I'm having a problem with front end ACL.

I have a menu item to a front end form and it's currently accessible to public and guest groups. When I change the component ACL to deny public and guest access the form is still accessible and on view to those groups. However, when you fill out the form and submit, that's when the ACL produces an error.

I want ACL to deny public and guest users access to the form rather than them being able to see the form and ACL only working after the form has been filled in and submitted.

I have other components where ACL is working as expected, but I've been experiencing the above issue with my last two components. I've tried to compare my most recent component which has the issue above to an older one without the issue, but can't find anything.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions please?

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #9809 by Jason Cooper
Replied by Jason Cooper on topic Front end form ACL
Hi everyone

First of all, before I continue, I just want to say how brilliant Component Creator is! Please keep up the excellent work.

I hope it's OK to post this here?

I believe I may have found a solution to the issue I've been experiencing (mentioned above) that works for me.

Go to file: \site\models\[yourcomponent]form.php

From line 94. Replace the follow:

// Get a level row instance.
$table = $this->getTable();

if ($table !== false && $table->load($id) && !empty($table->id))
{
$user = Factory::getUser();
$id = $table->id;

$canEdit = $user->authorise('core.edit', 'com_yourcomponent') || $user->authorise('core.create', 'com_yourcomponent');

if (!$canEdit && $user->authorise('core.edit.own', 'com_yourcomponent'))
{
$canEdit = $user->id == $table->created_by;
}

if (!$canEdit)
{
throw new Exception(Text::_('JERROR_ALERTNOAUTHOR'), 403);
}

With:

// Get a level row instance.
$table = $this->getTable();

if ($table !== false && $table->load($id))
{
$user = Factory::getUser();
$id = $table->id;

if ($id)
{
$canEdit = $user->authorise('core.edit', 'com_yourcomponent.yourcomponent.' . $id) || $user->authorise('core.create', 'com_yourcomponent.yourcomponent.' . $id);
}
else
{
$canEdit = $user->authorise('core.edit', 'com_yourcomponent') || $user->authorise('core.create', 'com_yourcomponent');
}

if (!$canEdit && $user->authorise('core.edit.own', 'com_yourcomponent.yourcomponent.' . $id))
{
$canEdit = $user->id == $table->created_by;
}

if (!$canEdit)
{
throw new Exception(Text::_('JERROR_ALERTNOAUTHOR'), 403);
}

As I said, this works for me. Please advise if this is correct.

Thanks everyone.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Jason Cooper.

3 years 3 months ago #9813 by Glenn Arkell
Replied by Glenn Arkell on topic Front end form ACL
Hi Jason,
Just my 2 cents worth in case it helps. Perhaps it would be better to utilise the ACL protection prior to getting to the model, ie protecting the button/link/menu item to gets you to this stage?
So how/where are you providing the link to the form in the first place? If a menu item, then set the access level on the menu item. If from a button or link, test for the ACL and wrap an if statement around that.
Hope this helps. Cheers.
Glenn

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds