× Please submit new Bug Reports on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

Frontend save &new button and retaining some form values from previous

3 years 10 months ago #9725 by Nina
I would like to add a button similar to "save2new" button in admin toolbar in my frontend form to add the ability to go back to the form for faster add of multiple items. I've been googling all week and I cant find anything about it. Anybody who knows how to do this?

I also would like some of the fields to retain value from previous submit but I can't figure out how to accomplish this either. I can see in the control function save that all values are cleared with
$app->setUserState('com_mycomp.edit.view.data', NULL);
How do I clear the form only partially?

Any ideas are appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #9726 by Søren Beck Jensen
The "correct" way to accomplish this would be to save the entered data into the users session and then populate that in the form. After saving you should then use $this->redirect($formUrl); in your controller to redirect back to the form instead of where it is redirecting you now.

But a fairly easy hack (potentially) could be to simply echo out <script>window.history.back();</script> which might do the trick. If clicking back in your browser after landing on the current page works, then so will this trick.

Søren Beck Jensen
Founder, Component-Creator.com
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Søren Beck Jensen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johng, Nina

3 years 10 months ago #9727 by Nina
Ok, I've changed the return url to return to the form but how do I get some (not all values) to remain after previous submit?

3 years 10 months ago #9728 by Søren Beck Jensen
That is more complicated. Maybe the easiest is to use jQuery to reset the fields you DON'T want to remember.

$('#fieldId').value('');

Søren Beck Jensen
Founder, Component-Creator.com

3 years 10 months ago #9731 by Nina
Yes, disabling data flush in controller and adding a jQuery reset seems to do the trick! Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds