× Please submit new Bug Reports on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

Component URL Routing SEF

5 years 5 months ago #1904 by Luca Mainieri
Component URL Routing SEF was created by Luca Mainieri
Hallo
we need to create a component wich will create SEF url such as

[component_name] = my component
[category_1] = product category [not hierarchical] * required
[category_2] = product application [not hierarchical] * required

www.mysite.com/[component_name]/[category_1]/[category_2]/[item].html

Is that possible with component creator to achieve this?

Thank you

Luca

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #1922 by Lee Collings
Replied by Lee Collings on topic Component URL Routing SEF
I'd also like to know how something like this can be done.

By default it's setting each table try as /
    /[view]/[id]

I'm building a simple Horoscopes section for a website, that consists of a blog like index page to show all of the clickable horoscope titles.

Out of the box, the links for each page are showing as /horoscopes/horoscopes/1/

I'd like this to be really simple, by using the Jooma aliases and by resulting in it showing as /horoscopes/aries/. I can't see anywhere in the creator how this can be done, so it looks like I'll completley have to re-code the generated code, which nulls the point of using the creator.

Any advice?

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #2011 by Eoin Oliver
Replied by Eoin Oliver on topic Component URL Routing SEF
Not sure if this will help you but here's how I made the titles linkable.

First of all in component builder make sure you have selected "frontend detail" in the tables section.

This makes two views "items" and "item" (they would be called whatever you called them.

Now if you go to Joomla! backend and go to your template and create an override you will see "items" and "Item" in my case it was "products" and "product" because that is what I called it.

If you go to "products" (effectively the blog view) you can add some new code
<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_your_compnonent&view=product&id='.$item->id); ?>">

You need to change "product" to whatever your view is called and "com_your_component" to whatever your component is called. That will link your titles to the individual item. I hope that helps you.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Eoin Oliver.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds