× Please submit new Bug Reports on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

Change generator alias on duplicated entry

5 years 7 months ago #1824 by Pieter-Jan van Rossen
Change generator alias on duplicated entry was created by Pieter-Jan van Rossen
Hi there,

i created a simple blog-component (wait, isn't that already in Joomla? Yes, i just made a simpeler version for my client to work with). Adding a new entry creates a alias, the alias is based on the blog title (a simple text-field). So far so good.
But for some reason, if you add an entry with a duplicate title, de generated alias adds date and time. For example:

entry 1 title: Awesome blog
entry 1 alias: awesome-blog

entry 2 title: Awesome blog
entry2 alias: awesome-blog-2018-08-03-17-31-27

That doesn't look that great and is besides that a hassle for SEO (the main reason client is blogging). More logical would be if, like joomla core does, a simple '1' is added or the id of the entry.

Where to fix this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #1835 by Jamila
Replied by Jamila on topic Change generator alias on duplicated entry
Hi,

Component Creator now simply uses a number in the alias for duplicate entries instead of the date :)

Best regards,
Jamila Cisse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds