× Please submit new Bug Reports on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

Field File ?

5 years 11 months ago #1778 by Eric Fagault
Field File ? was created by Eric Fagault
Hello,
I need to create a field "file" but I do not see the field of type "filemultiple" in the list of choice of fields.
It is very important that the field allows the upload of only one file.

So, I changed the type of field "Filemultiple" in field of type "File" in the XML file but when I do that, the image is not saved in the table.

How can I get a "File" field instead of "Filemultiple"?

Best regards.

Eric

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #1790 by David Vargas
Replied by David Vargas on topic Field File ?
Hi, Eric!

Filemultiple is not part of the standard Joomla form field types. File is the only one that allows the upload of files. See all the information about this field type here .

It appears that there is not any formal restriction about the number of files that can be uploaded from the Joomla side, but looking at Mozilla Developer Network page about the HTML input field that Joomla is actually building, it indicates that there can be set a restriction by removing multiple from element's attributes.

Please, do that and check if it works.

Kind regards,
David.

5 years 11 months ago #1791 by Eric Fagault
Replied by Eric Fagault on topic Field File ?
Good evening,
Thank you for your reply.
Although I have watched carefully Joomla documentation but what I need is a type "File" and have a type "Filemultiple", and I do not see how to do so that "Filemultiple" (which n 'does not exist in the Joomla schamps list), so how to make "Filemultiple" behave like "File", since the utilsatuer can only load one file.

How do you think?

Best regard.

Eric

5 years 11 months ago #1792 by David Vargas
Hi, Eric!

As I told you, a restriction can be set in the Front-end, no matter what type is the field in Joomla. Look for the view of the component in the code of your web page and remove the attribute "multiple" in the input tag that corresponds to the upload button. That should fix your issue.

See examples in the MDN web docs for this element .

Kind regards,
David.

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #1794 by Eric Fagault
Replied by Eric Fagault on topic Field File ?
Hello,
Thank you for your reply.
I respond late to your message.

I do not locate where I can remove the "multiple" attribute as specified in the documentation: "developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/input/file"

Here is what I have in the file:
<? php echo $ this-> form-> renderField ('photoprincipal'); ?>

<? php if (! empty ($ this-> item-> photoprincipal)):?>
<? php $ photoprincipaleFiles = array (); ?>
<? php foreach ((array) $ this-> item-> photoprincipal as $ fileSingle):?>
<? php if (! is_array ($ fileSingle)):?>
<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_(JUri::root().'uploads'. DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR. $fileSingle, false);?> "> <? php echo $ fileSingle; ?> </a> |
<? php $ photoprincipaleFiles [] = $ fileSingle; ?>
<? php endif; ?>
<? php endforeach; ?>
<? php endif; ?>

<input type = "hidden" name = "jform [photoprincipale_hidden]" id = "jform_photoprincipale_hidden" value = "<? php echo implode (',', $ photoprincipaleFiles);?>" />
</ Div>

I do not locate where I can remove the "multiple" attribute as specified in the documentation: "developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/input/file"

Best regards.

Eric
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Eric Fagault.

5 years 10 months ago #1801 by David Vargas
Hi Eric,

I have been reviewing the generation of these fields from CC and indeed, it is a Component Creator issue. It always generates the file forms multiple.

While this issue is solved, it can be manually corrected editing your component's code. I suggest you to open the component folder after downloading it with a text editor like VS Code. Then, make a global search of 'multiple'. You will find some files that are responsible of generating these fields. They will have the multiple attribute by default. It may be possible to solve it by removing directly this attribute and its other appearances in the code. Then, zip the component again and reinstall the component in Joomla.

Regards,
David.

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds