× Please submit new Bug Reports on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

How to 'connect' to 3rd party extension tables? Documentation?

6 years 4 months ago #1707 by Chris Paschen
(I sent this to the Contact Us but never received a reply, so posting here. Also tried searching and couldn't find anything.)

I would think that this is a common need of others, but I can't find how to do it.

I need to have my new component connect to tables (with foreign key fields) from other 3rd party extensions (like Community Builder's _comprofiler table).

What is the proper way to do that within Component Creator?

I seem to need the table added to CC to set up the foreign key fields on my tables, but I don't want to actually install over the 3rd party tables.

And related ...
I haven't used Component Creator for a LONG time. I need to get up-to-speed on things like the above. However, I can't find any documentation anywhere.
Is there some documentation link that I missed somewhere?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #1710 by Chris Paschen
FYI ... I've connected with the OSTraining team (who quickly replied) and heard back from them that the videos that they have don't go into much detail into advanced database options.

Can you PLEASE provide instructions on how to do this?

6 years 3 months ago #1712 by Pieter-Jan van Rossen
Replied by Pieter-Jan van Rossen on topic How to 'connect' to 3rd party extension tables? Documentation?
second that, the total absence of decent documentation has been bothering me for months now. I'm a premium user and when paying for a service like this (which i happily do, component creator is tha bomb!) you might expect decent docs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JEAN

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds