× Please submit new Bug Reports on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

ACL

6 years 7 months ago #1638 by Ryan
ACL was created by Ryan
I can't seem to find information about the feature.

Add ACL Control to each individual item. (granular access)

I would like to implement this into my component, by recording a joomla_id in the table who can access and edit the record (not the created by) can anyone point me in the right direction. I'm familiar with MVC. I've noticed that the component creator creates a canEdit helper method. How can I leverage this to allow editing of a record in my table for the specified joomla user.

In my example data will be input by a user(created_by) and then assigned to an individual manager (joomla_id) to access and keep up to date the record(id). Like an assigned user managing another users profile. (think of a doctor managing records of patients who are his but not created by him) The joomla_id field will store only 1 integer. Can I create a state like the edit.own state. ??

What would be the "best" way to achieve this following your component builder MVC structure?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #1641 by Ryan
Replied by Ryan on topic ACL
I have noticed that I have the ACL working on the front end when both COM_COMPONENT.EDIT and COM_COMPONENT.EDITOWN are allowed.

Unfortunately I need only the COM_COMPONENT.EDIT.OWN. and not having both breaks the component when saving the form.

I have made sure the created_by record is correct and the buttons correctly show in the list view. (only edit the correct item not all).

When you click on the edit button the viewform shows correctly.

but when you click save, the save method in controller/viewform.php throws an exception with the code....

// Validate the posted data.
$form = $model->getForm();

if (!$form)
{
throw new Exception($model->getError(), 500);
}

500 - You are not authorised to view this resource.

var dump $form is FALSE

var dump $model->getForm(); Is full of JForm object.

now if i turn both COM_COMPONENT.EDIT and EDIT.OWN on, everything works fine.

Is there a way that I can limit to only the editing of the OWN records without having to open everything up?

6 years 6 months ago #1644 by Juan Sánchez
Replied by Juan Sánchez on topic ACL
Hi there,

It seems to be something wrong in the code in your component set up. Could you please submit us a ticket and provide more information about the affected component, table and field?

www.component-creator.com/en/help/contact

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds