× Please submit new Bug Reports on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

Bug? On reinstall of a component I get

6 years 6 months ago #1631 by Ryan
This is on Joomla 3.7.5 Installed once fine ... uninstalled and reinstalled and I get a menu error.

No administrator menu is shown but component says it installs.

Plugin speechies was installed successfully
Module mod_speechies was installed successfully
Installation of the component was successful.

Error
JTableMenu::_getNode(1, ) failed.

Warning
Error building Administrator Menus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #1632 by Ryan
Replied by Ryan on topic Bug? On reinstall of a component I get
It looks like the first 3 records of the #__menu table have been removed on the uninstall process.

I noticed there was an error with my views on first creation, it seems when cloning database tables changing the name of the table doesnt change the name for the view. This caused errors with my views and a double up .... which in turn has probably messed up the uninstall process.

running ...

INSERT INTO `DATABASE`.`PREFIX_menu` (`id` ,`menutype` ,`title` ,`alias` ,`note` ,`path` ,`link` ,`type` ,`published` ,`parent_id` ,`level` ,`component_id` ,`checked_out` ,`checked_out_time` ,`browserNav` ,`access` ,`img` ,`template_style_id` ,`params` ,`lft` ,`rgt` ,`home` ,`language` ,`client_id` ) VALUES ( '1', '', 'Menu_Item_Root', 'root', '', '', '', '', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '0', '0', '', '0', '', '0', '0', '0', '*', '0')

Rebuilds the first row and makes you able to install the component again. I will have to manually fix up the other missing com_banner records.

6 years 6 months ago #1633 by Ryan
Confirming this bug fix.

Fixing the component view name of the table you cloned (so its not the same as the clone). and running the sql to fix the missing records

INSERT INTO `DATABASE`.`PREFIX_menu` (`id`, `menutype`, `title`, `alias`, `note`, `path`, `link`, `type`, `published`, `parent_id`, `level`, `component_id`, `checked_out`, `checked_out_time`, `browserNav`, `access`, `img`, `template_style_id`, `params`, `lft`, `rgt`, `home`, `language`, `client_id`) VALUES
(1, '', 'Menu_Item_Root', 'root', '', '', '', '', 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0, '', 0, '', 0, 123, 0, '*', 0),
(2, 'main', 'com_banners', 'Banners', '', 'Banners', 'index.php?option=com_banners', 'component', 1, 1, 1, 4, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0, 'class:banners', 0, '', 1, 10, 0, '*', 1),
(3, 'main', 'com_banners', 'Banners', '', 'Banners/Banners', 'index.php?option=com_banners', 'component', 1, 2, 2, 4, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0, 'class:banners', 0, '', 2, 3, 0, '*', 1);

then reinstalling the fixed built component. Will have no errors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steven Fung

6 years 6 months ago #1635 by Andres Maeso
Replied by Andres Maeso on topic Bug? On reinstall of a component I get
Hi Ryan

We can't reproduce your issue, but we could look into that issue if you share with us a backup of your website using akeeba. You may need to upload it to wetransfer or a similar service. Please send it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Regards,

Andrés.

Andrés Maeso
Customer relations manager at Joomla Component Creator.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ryan

6 years 6 months ago #1639 by Ryan
Thanks but given the nature of the project I am unable to share the site.

6 years 6 months ago #1640 by Andres Maeso
Replied by Andres Maeso on topic Bug? On reinstall of a component I get
Hi Ryan,

I understand. If you can provide more information please share with us in This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. We will be happy to help.

Regards.

Andrés.

Andrés Maeso
Customer relations manager at Joomla Component Creator.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds