× Please submit new Bug Reports on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

[SOLVED] PopOvers not working for generated component,

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #1453 by Don Siders
My generated component has been installed on a system using a Bootstrap-enabled template from RocketTheme. The problem is with a list view. The single line Tooltips for filters are working fine. But PopOvers for grid sorting are not. They always display in the upper left corner with no background or borders... just the title and text for the PopOver. Is there some thing I should be looking at.... and where?
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Don Siders. Reason: Typo
The topic has been locked.
7 years 3 months ago #1454 by Ian Trudell
Replied by Ian Trudell on topic PopOvers not working for generated component,
I am also experiencing this issue with all sites I use RocketTheme templates on.

Here is a screenshot of the popover:

7 years 3 months ago #1455 by Don Siders
Replied by Don Siders on topic PopOvers not working for generated component,
So it is a template issue, and not a component issue. I fixed it by adding some css to style the PopOvers in my xxx-custom.less file for the template.
.popover {
	display: inline-block;
	width: 20rem;
	margin: 6px;
	padding: .25rem .5rem;
	opacity: 1.0;
	background-color: black;
	color: white;
	z-index: 99999999;

.popover-title {
		font-size: .85rem;
		color: @accentcolor;
		margin: 0px;
		padding: .1em 0px 0px 0px;
	}
}

.js-stools-container-bar div.btn-wrapper {
	vertical-align: top;
}

The last one fixes ugly alignment on the search filters. ;)
6 years 6 months ago #1645 by James Porter
Replied by James Porter on topic PopOvers not working for generated component,
Hi - I seem to be having the same problem but it is happening with a RocketTheme Gantry 5 template (doesn't support the less compiler. In my case the tooltips work well if the table is the only thing on a page, but when combined with other modules, the tooltips show up unformatted in the upper right hand corner of the position. I tried loading the suggested css as custom.scss file, but no luck? Is there any solution using sass?
6 years 6 months ago #1646 by Juan Sánchez
Replied by Juan Sánchez on topic PopOvers not working for generated component,

So it is a template issue, and not a component issue. I fixed it by adding some css to style the PopOvers in my xxx-custom.less file for the template.

That is! Our code is 100% compatible with the standard Joomla! protostar template which uses bootstrap. Please, take into account that there are many different templates for Joomla front-end, built on many different frameworks (not only bootstrap). So issues like this one could occur.

If you are using a non bootstrap template, we strongly recommend to use template overrides to fix those potential visual issues.
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds