× Please submit new Bug Reports on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

First 3.x comp - frontend filter layout messed up

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #1022 by Frank Jumppanen Andersen
First 3.x comp - frontend filter layout messed up was created by Frank Jumppanen Andersen
Hi,

any one experienced this? Just upgraded my site from Jomm 2.5 to 3.4.4, and same time reworked coponent to 3.x version. After install the frontend layout - especially filter / search / sort / action are messed completely up... No labels showing - filter dropdowns are there but so narrow all operation is impossible.

Not sure if this is based on Joom 3.4.4 or on CC. Not being a php expert I just browsed a bit in generated source, and find that in 3.x component the CSS is not imported... In 2.5 i find

$document->addStyleSheet('components/com_movielist/assets/css/list.css');

in ...\site\views\movielist\tmpl\default.php. But not in 3.x component... Does this seem right?

This was reported as bug, and set for investigation - but I would like to ask here as well.. This IS quite annoying, and I'm sort of used to just using 'raw' components fine...
Bug ID: CCM-34623-495

BR Frank
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Frank Jumppanen Andersen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #1037 by David Villena
Replied by David Villena on topic First 3.x comp - frontend filter layout messed up
Hello Frank.

Most of your visualization problems are caused because our 3.x components are not optimized for Beez3 template. They use Bootstrap conventions that work just fine with Protostar template.

We make the modifications to the views that we can do to fit both (and others) templates, but at some point we must choose, and our choice is Protostar. Anyway we'll be very grateful for any error detected, it will help us to improve.

The CSS file you mentioned is intended to be included only in 2.5 components, so is not a bug.

Thank you for your comments.

8 years 6 months ago #1043 by Frank Jumppanen Andersen
Replied by Frank Jumppanen Andersen on topic First 3.x comp - frontend filter layout messed up
Hi David,

just mailed a few follow up's on support ticket.

Just to let other know, I've found at least some of the cause:

I seemed to remember the 2.5 component worked without the icons - just showing text labels on button instead..
I did a litle research after recalling - I think I found the BUG (reason at least)!

Following from 3.x component:  

<?php if ($canEdit || $canDelete): ?>
     <td class="center">
      <?php if ($canEdit): ?>
       <a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_meterreadings&task=mnedsaflsningform.edit&id=' . $item->id, false, 2); ?>" class="btn btn-mini" type="button"><i class="icon-edit" ></i></a>
      <?php endif; ?>
      <?php if ($canDelete): ?>
       <button data-item-id="<?php echo $item->id; ?>" class="btn btn-mini delete-button" type="button"><i class="icon-trash" ></i></button>
      <?php endif; ?>
     </td>
    <?php endif; ?>

</tr>
  <?php endforeach; ?>
  </tbody>
 </table>

<?php if ($canCreate): ?>
  <a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_meterreadings&task=mnedsaflsningform.edit&id=0', false, 2); ?>"
   class="btn btn-success btn-small"><i
    class="icon-plus"></i> <?php echo JText::_('COM_METERREADINGS_ADD_ITEM'); ?></a>
 <?php endif; ?>

And following from the old 2.5 cc:

<?php endif; ?>
    <?php if (isset($this->items[0]->id)) : ?>
     <td class="align-left">
      <?php echo (int) $item->id; ?>
     </td>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php if ($canEdit || $canDelete): ?>
     <td class="align-center">
      <?php if ($canEdit): ?>
       <button onclick="window.location.href = '<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_meterreadings_copy_1&task=mnedsaflsningform.edit&id=' . $item->id, false, 2); ?>';" class="btn btn-mini" type="button"><?php echo JText::_('COM_METERREADINGS_COPY_1_MLERAFLSNINGER_EDIT'); ?></button>
      <?php endif; ?>
      <?php if ($canDelete): ?>
       <button data-item-id="<?php echo $item->id; ?>" class="delete-button" type="button"><?php echo JText::_('COM_METERREADINGS_COPY_1_MLERAFLSNINGER_DELETE'); ?></button>
      <?php endif; ?>
     </td>
    <?php endif; ?>

</tr>
  <?php endforeach; ?>
  </tbody>
 </table>

<?php if ($canCreate): ?>
  <button type="button"
   onclick="window.location.href = '<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_meterreadings_copy_1&task=mnedsaflsningform.edit&id=0', false, 2); ?>';"><?php echo JText::_('COM_METERREADINGS_COPY_1_ADD_ITEM'); ?></button>
 <?php endif; ?>

.....seems you just plain forget to add the text label on item lines!

After inspecting the default_filter.php I was able to find same label missing in 'submit' button.. Unfortunately I'm not able to find the place to correct drop-down filter code..

So much for the explanation - please get this fixed!

7 years 11 months ago #1306 by Katy Beavers
Replied by Katy Beavers on topic First 3.x comp - frontend filter layout messed up
Hi, was there a fix for this issue? I just created my first component yesterday for 3.5 Joomla Purity iii template and my filters are messed up in the front end as described in this topic.

7 years 11 months ago #1307 by Frank Jumppanen Andersen
Replied by Frank Jumppanen Andersen on topic First 3.x comp - frontend filter layout messed up
Nope... Seems JCC decided to discontinue support for one of Joomla std. templates - and by that requiring that you use a template including the 'bootstrap' functionality. In my view - a really BAD decission to enformce som third party module on JCC modules to work..

Problem cause was identified by Gavick support: www.gavick.com/forums/fashion-joomla3/bootstrap-jquery-21957

"I've enabled this module on startup and see that it is not working, then switch to 'prostar' when it was working great but after that I've switched also to 'beez' which is also default template and the effect is the same like on our template - in short words it is not working.

The problem is with bootstrap styles, all this extensions use bootstrap default styles but in fact the don't include this CSS but use this one from prostar which means that this will be working only with templates which include bootstrap.css. We don't have this file beacause we simply don't need this and this a lot of useless code. If you want to make it working, please open file template.css from 'prostar' template and copy it at the end of our template.css you will see that this makes that this module will be working."

3 years 2 weeks ago #9843 by Emmanuel Tsalampounis
Replied by Emmanuel Tsalampounis on topic First 3.x comp - frontend filter layout messed up
The bug reporting has moved here: github.com/aDaneInSpain/component-creator-issues
Please create a bug report with your component name and your development environment to help you

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds