× Please submit new Bug Reports on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

Error 404 on Component Install

9 years 3 months ago #544 by Adam Clark
Error 404 on Component Install was created by Adam Clark
Hiya...

I have used CC for a while and am pretty skilled. However, I have a basic, day1 problem.

I have BUILT my component (just 2 tables. Nothing fancy at all)... and installed it to my Joomla site (as I have many times before with previous components)

And my Joomla site is not showing the NAME of the component properly in the menu plus, when I do select the component from the components menu, I get an ERROR 404 "Component Not Found"

When I installed, I got the following WARNING:

Warning
JInstaller: :Install: File does not exist /home/connect/public_html/tmp/install_549a9cf35983d/languages/site/en-GB/en-GB.com_joocom_bookingsystem.ini
JInstaller: :Install: File does not exist /home/connect/public_html/tmp/install_549a9cf35983d/languages/administrator/en-GB/en-GB.com_joocom_bookingsystem.ini

But Joomla then goes in to say... 

Plugin joobookingsystem was installed successfully
Module mod_joobookingsystem was installed successfully
Installing component was successful.

I don't think this is a Component Creator bug/issue. I think this is something to do with my Joomla install or server.

Has anyone had anything similar to this at all?? I attach the component. I am happy for others to install and see if it works for them (I promise it is just a simple CC component... no nasty stuff)

In hope and many thanks. 

Adam

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #545 by Adam Clark
Replied by Adam Clark on topic Error 404 on Component Install
Quick Update:

I have tried installing the component on different hosting and different joomla sites that we have managed past and present and I am getting the same issue. 

Starting to worry that this is a CC issue??

Hope someone can help !

9 years 3 months ago #546 by Adam Clark
OK... so... It seems that the component that is called "com_joocom_bookingsystem"

is looking for files with "com_joocom_bookingsystem" in the name... and folder structures such as "components/com_joocom_bookingsystem/"

BUT............... 

The main controller class is called:  "JoobookingsystemController"
The XML is looking for: <language tag="en-GB">en-GB/en-GB.com_joocom_bookingsystem.ini</language> BUT the file is actually called "en-GB.com_joobookingsystem.ini"

It seems that there is a mismatch somewhere???

I will try renaming things and see what happens.

9 years 3 months ago #547 by Adam Clark
RESOLVED

So, I went back into Component Creator and renamed the component.

Re-built.

Checked XML and file names and Controller class : All consistent,.

Installed... OK... no errors or warnings

All working fine. 

Hope this helps some people.

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds