× Please submit new Bug Reports on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

Change format of Calendar (J_Calendar)

9 years 5 months ago #445 by Russell English
Change format of Calendar (J_Calendar) was created by Russell English
Is there anyway to change the format of the date that is created when selecting a date from the J_Calendar?

It appears to be in  DATE_FORMAT_LC4 , but I can't find this to create a content override

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #447 by Andres Maeso
Replied by Andres Maeso on topic Change format of Calendar (J_Calendar)
Hi Russell!

Long time no see. Hope this helps, it's Joomla Calendar Field standard behaviour: docs.joomla.org/Calendar_form_field_type

Andrés Maeso
Customer relations manager at Joomla Component Creator.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Andres Maeso.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #448 by Russell English
Replied by Russell English on topic Change format of Calendar (J_Calendar)
Thanks Andres, just found the XML file I need to edit.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Russell English.

9 years 4 months ago #480 by Russell English
I've tried editing the XML file, but it's not working correctly. Also, accourding to your wiki here www.component-creator.com/wiki/index.php...ndar_(Date_Selector) there should be a format option within the field editor in Component Creator, but there doesn't appear to be.

Any ideas please?

9 years 4 months ago #482 by Andres Maeso
Replied by Andres Maeso on topic Change format of Calendar (J_Calendar)
Hi Russel

For Joomla to be multilingual it has to store the date in a string called date_format_*, for that to be used it has to be converted from language file to string using JText class. Joomla calendar Field doesn't do that. To achieve that you would need to do your own calendar field (based on the joomla one) and convert that language string into the desired format.

Hope it helps

Andrés Maeso
Customer relations manager at Joomla Component Creator.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

9 years 4 months ago #495 by Russell English
Thanks Andres, I've tried to change the date format (in the XML) to ="%d-%m-%Y" from here docs.joomla.org/Calendar_form_field_type but for some reason, whenever the date is entered (using the component created by component-creator) and then saved, the date is saved as 000-00-00

I've tried this on several components as outputted by component-creator and they all give the same result.

Any ideas?

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds