× This forum has been locked. Please submit new Feature Requests on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

custom joomla form FIELDS

9 Jahre 2 Monate her - 9 Jahre 2 Monate her #618 von Pete
I think a lot of us desperately need the ability to add our own custom joomla form FIELDS.

It sounds complex, but I think I have a way to make it **incredibly easy** for you to add..

Just allow us to setup the FIELD (name,view etc) as usual and select a field type of USERCUSTOM.

This is the cool bit - When USERCUSTOM is selected, we then see a textbox into which we can paste our FORM XML code directly.. thus giving us the needed output in the final generated XML form. - No other parameters needed :)

This would be my biggest issue with component-creator, and would stop me needing to add XML override plugins and such to override the XML code in real-time (making the site slightly slower of course..)

I am pretty sure it would be the easiest FIELD you have ever added :)  And it would work as a stopgap solution for us while we wait for full support of new Joomla FIELDS like 'repeatable' and such..

Cheers,
Pete
Letzte Änderung: 9 Jahre 2 Monate her von Pete.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Chris Paschen

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

9 Jahre 2 Monate her #634 von Pete
Is this something I can pay to be added ?

I don't think this voting system is working at all.. It *seems* like a fairly easy change codewise, and I need it asap :)

It will answer many issues people have with fields that are not yet implemented (like repeatable etc)..

Thanks,
Pete

9 Jahre 2 Monate her #640 von Chris Paschen
Chris Paschen antwortete auf Vote your Favourite Feature Suggestions!
I have no idea how to 'vote' for this feature - I don't see a poll attached to this topic/thread - but I've liked, favored and followed this thread - hope that counts.
I'd have to agree with Pete, I don't think that however you're expecting people to vote for features is working.
In fact, I wouldn't have even known about this had Pete not mentioned this on a thread that I posted.

Anyway ... I'd second Pete's comments. Having this custom type would solve a TON of issues for me and would make Component Creator much more useful.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Pete

9 Jahre 2 Monate her #646 von Pete
Hi Andres,

You may have missed my earlier post..

"Is this something I can pay to be added ?" (if it will speed things up ?)

Thanks,
Pete

9 Jahre 2 Monate her - 9 Jahre 2 Monate her #648 von Søren Beck Jensen
Søren Beck Jensen antwortete auf Vote your Favourite Feature Suggestions!
Hi there. 

We are considering this feature, but help me understand. Pasting XML would not do anything. That would just define the parameters of the field. You would still need to include some php file as well - right?

We have been playing with the idea of allowing community maintained custom fields. So that one user might maintain a "Countries" field and another a "US Phone number" field that validates. But that would require php code as well as XML, and I am not sure there is a real need/defire for it. And that the users could opt to make these fields public for other members to include in their projects.

We just want to think it though so that we only implement something that is a benefit to as many users as possible and as flexible and future proof as possible.

Søren Beck Jensen
Founder, Component-Creator.com
Letzte Änderung: 9 Jahre 2 Monate her von Søren Beck Jensen.

9 Jahre 2 Monate her - 9 Jahre 2 Monate her #653 von Pete
Hi Søren ,

Thanks for looking at this - but NO PHP needed :) That's the beauty of this feature..

If I am running Joomla 2.5+ and I paste XML into this new 'custom XML' field, such as :

<field name="backgroundcolor" type="color" default="#eee"
label="TPL_BEEZ3_FIELD_HEADER_BACKGROUND_COLOR_LABEL"
description="TPL_BEEZ3_FIELD_HEADER_BACKGROUND_COLOR_DESC" />

..and your BUILD compiler places this code in-line in the XML file, then the Joomla color popup will actually work in the resulting component, (even though it is not a field you currently support in Component Creator), because it already exists as a field within Joomla.

Which means, we can use fields you don't yet support in your interface, as soon as they appear in new versions of Joomla..

But more than that, I can use my own custom fields that I have already installed into my Joomla site:

<field name="profile_image" type="petescustomimageuploadfield"
folder="images/myfolder"
label="TPL_BEEZ3_FIELD_IMAGE_LABEL"
description="TPL_BEEZ3_FELD_IMAGE_LABEL" />

OR things like REPEATABLE fields

<field name="list_templates"
type="Repeatable"
icon="list"
description="PLG_TINY_FIELD_TEMPLATE_FIELD_ELEMENTS_DESC"
label="PLG_TINY_FIELD_TEMPLATE_FIELD_ELEMENTS_LABEL"
default="{'template':,'location':,'description':}">
<fields name="params">
<fieldset hidden="true" name="list_templates_modal" repeat="true">
<field name="template"
label="PLG_TINY_FIELD_TEMPLATE_FIELD_NAME_LABEL"
size="30"
type="text" />
<field name="location"
label="PLG_TINY_FIELD_TEMPLATE_FIELD_LOCATION_LABEL"
description="PLG_TINY_FIELD_TEMPLATE_LOCATION_DESC"
size="30"
type="filelist"
directory="media/editors/tinymce/templates"
exclude="index.html"
hide_default="true"
hide_none="true" />
<field name="description"
label="PLG_TINY_FIELD_TEMPLATE_FIELD_DESCRIPTION_LABEL"
size="30"
type="textarea" />
</fieldset>
</fields>
</field>

As you can see, this allows me to have a custom Joomla field that I have developed (and installed into my Joomla) be referenced and used in your forms, without having to hand modify the XML field every time I BUILD the component...

The only other setting we would need, would be the SQL stored data type I guess..

Of course the second (and much more complex) feature, of a library of 'user fields' is also great idea (I thought of that prior to this - but getting that work done to everybody's satisfaction might be difficult and slower to implement :)

I hope that helps clarify my request - its probably the easiest field to build into the system, although I do at least recommend you check the user field XML syntax using something like "XMLReader::isValid()" stackoverflow.com/questions/17191866/how...alidate-xml-with-php

Cheers,
Pete
Letzte Änderung: 9 Jahre 2 Monate her von Pete.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Søren Beck Jensen

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.163 Sekunden