× Please submit new Bug Reports on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

Frontend save &new button and retaining some form values from previous

3 Jahre 10 Monate her #9725 von Nina
I would like to add a button similar to "save2new" button in admin toolbar in my frontend form to add the ability to go back to the form for faster add of multiple items. I've been googling all week and I cant find anything about it. Anybody who knows how to do this?

I also would like some of the fields to retain value from previous submit but I can't figure out how to accomplish this either. I can see in the control function save that all values are cleared with
$app->setUserState('com_mycomp.edit.view.data', NULL);
How do I clear the form only partially?

Any ideas are appreciated!

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

3 Jahre 10 Monate her - 3 Jahre 10 Monate her #9726 von Søren Beck Jensen
The "correct" way to accomplish this would be to save the entered data into the users session and then populate that in the form. After saving you should then use $this->redirect($formUrl); in your controller to redirect back to the form instead of where it is redirecting you now.

But a fairly easy hack (potentially) could be to simply echo out <script>window.history.back();</script> which might do the trick. If clicking back in your browser after landing on the current page works, then so will this trick.

Søren Beck Jensen
Founder, Component-Creator.com
Letzte Änderung: 3 Jahre 10 Monate her von Søren Beck Jensen.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: johng, Nina

3 Jahre 10 Monate her #9727 von Nina
Ok, I've changed the return url to return to the form but how do I get some (not all values) to remain after previous submit?

3 Jahre 10 Monate her #9728 von Søren Beck Jensen
That is more complicated. Maybe the easiest is to use jQuery to reset the fields you DON'T want to remember.

$('#fieldId').value('');

Søren Beck Jensen
Founder, Component-Creator.com

3 Jahre 10 Monate her #9731 von Nina
Yes, disabling data flush in controller and adding a jQuery reset seems to do the trick! Thanks!

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.138 Sekunden