× Please submit new Bug Reports on GitHub: github.com/Jensen-Technologies/component-creator-issues/issues

Fatal error: Cannot declare class - Joomla 3.7

6 Jahre 10 Monate her #1575 von Søren Beck Jensen
Søren Beck Jensen antwortete auf Fatal error: Cannot declare class - Joomla 3.7
Thank you for that update. I think what happened was that your component was built using Component Creator before we added the auto loader (that now broke). If that is the case, you may have to include it yourself as described.

Søren Beck Jensen
Founder, Component-Creator.com

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

6 Jahre 10 Monate her #1576 von Gosling Cools
Gosling Cools antwortete auf Fatal error: Cannot declare class - Joomla 3.7
I want 3 beers as well! ;-)
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Søren Beck Jensen

6 Jahre 10 Monate her - 6 Jahre 10 Monate her #1577 von Carl Willingham
Carl Willingham antwortete auf Fatal error: Cannot declare class - Joomla 3.7
N.A.
Letzte Änderung: 6 Jahre 10 Monate her von Carl Willingham. Grund: Found the issue

6 Jahre 10 Monate her - 6 Jahre 10 Monate her #1578 von Randy Carey

Can you please tell us which change in Joomla 3.7 caused this and any other compatibility break?

Joomla 3.7 introduced a new check that prevents two classes to have the same name (even though the documentation still says the two should be named the same way)

I see that core has named its admin helper class differently, of this pattern: ExampleHelper instead of ExampleHelperExample or ExampleHelperExampleadmin.

Further, I discovered a new dependency upon this naming pattern for this class. In order to add the new custom fields feature to a component, a plugin expects a component's admin helper class to have certain functions available to it, and it expects that helper class to follow the naming pattern: ExampleHelper. I discovered this when trying to add the new custom fields feature to an extension that I newly created with ComponentCreator. I was able to get the new feature to work (within the CC-created extension) by creating the needed helper class (ExampleHelper), adding the new functions used by custom fields, and having it extend the CC-created helper class (ExampleHelperExampleadmin).

I do not know all the details that led CC to choose the solution it did (ExampleHelperExampleadmin), but from what I'm seeing, this file/class name seems to stray from the "core" approach, and I suspect it will cause problems should anyone want to add the custom fields feature to a CC-created component. I may be wrong, and if so, please correct me. But I do want to give you a "heads up" to what I think I'm seeing.
Letzte Änderung: 6 Jahre 10 Monate her von Randy Carey.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Søren Beck Jensen

6 Jahre 10 Monate her #1579 von Søren Beck Jensen
That is some good investigation there. We are looking into it. It is strange as "ExampleHelper" does not follow the standard Joomla naming convention for the JLoader and so custom fields have implemented this incorrectly it seems. But as I said... let us investigate this properly and get back to you.

Good work!

Søren Beck Jensen

6 Jahre 10 Monate her - 6 Jahre 10 Monate her #1581 von Søren Beck Jensen
Using only "ExampleHelper" breaks the auto loader functionality in Joomla so we recommend instead to add the lines:
// Ensure custom fields compatibility
class ExampleHelper extends ExampleHelpersExampleadmin {}

To the bottom of your helper file if you are using custom fields.

Søren Beck Jensen
Letzte Änderung: 6 Jahre 10 Monate her von Søren Beck Jensen.

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.185 Sekunden